Today (March 30) I am thankful for many things. I took advantage of my first full day of spring break by sleeping in til 8am.
Never thought I'd consider 8am as a "sleeping in" time. But now that I'm usually up and getting ready for the day before 5:30am, sleeping in has a whole new meaning. I am grateful for any day that doesn't involve waking up to an alarm clock :)
We had a beautiful blue sky day, which doesn't happen often. In honor of spring, the cherry blossoms are starting to bloom. I walk by this tree every day on my way to the bus, and today I was able to stop and enjoy it.
Avocados. A rare find in my part of Asia, but because God loves me He has sent them not only to China...not only to Beijing (which is where I would get them on the rare occasion that I was 1) in Beijing and 2) able to go to
Jenny Lou's, an expat import store)...but to my own backyard. Yes, Yang Guang Yi Bai sells avocados. I went to my local grocery store this morning and bought three for 30rmb (~$5). And now I have two... :)
I've been reading a book, which is a big deal in itself since I'm not much of a reader. ha! A dear friend of mine here in Tianjin lent me her copy of
Loneliness by Elisabeth Elliot. That EE is a wise woman. Her book has given me a new perspective on my (third) season of serving in Asia and all the relational change that comes with it. A worthy investment in my day.
I leave for Beijing in the morning. A few friends and I are going up to see the sites: the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven....we'll see what else we get to. I'm going to enjoy being a tourist for the next few days.
What are
you thankful for today? :)
Hooray for avocados! And at a good price too!!! Have fun being a tourist :)
ReplyDeleteLove you