Friday, July 29, 2011

settling

Tomorrow marks my one week of being in China. We've been so busy with shopping trips and other outings that it feels like I've been here longer. Not a bad thing, though. I love it here.

I know I'm still honeymoon-ing, and that I'm bound to have stress-filled days and bad-China days, but I'm so happy to be back in China. I don't think that will wear off :)

So what have I been up to this past week? Here's a rundown:
  • met up with some of the returning staff for meals--we are being well taken care of!
  • enjoyed some ah-mazing Chinese food...so good!!
  • took a day trip to the IKEA in Beijing
  • unpacked and (sort of) organized my room
  • took a tour of TIS and got to peek in my classroom
  • got my Korean fix by going to E-mart and had some not-the-best-but-good-enough bibimbap at a local restaurant
  • had a roomie-day with Carrie and Irene, which included buying a DVD player, buying Nutella and Dr. Pepper at the Good Friend Store (an international mart), doing some kick-butt yoga, and watching Rocketman
  • was asked to have my picture taken with a Chinese girl while shopping at Carrefour--I think they liked my curls. 

Tomorrow a group of us will be going to the fabric market. Should be a good time. I'm hoping to post some pictures this weekend so be on the lookout for those! 

1 comment:

  1. Jessie.

    I miss you so much. I saw your picture on here and just started crying.

    I am so proud of everything you have done and everything you are. I know God looks down on you as a good and faithful servant, and I look on you as a dear and beautiful friend.

    Who knows when we will cross paths again, but whenever it is, I will be so happy.

    Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete