Here's a quick snippet of the past month:
- September 30th was Mid-Autumn Festival here in China. The following week was National Day holiday, so we had that week off from work. I spent that first weekend in Beijing with one of my favorite Tianjin families. They were house sitting for a friend who lives on an expat compound, so I had a little vacation away from busy city life....and, honestly, a nice break from China (which I find I need from time to time). I loved staying in a house. I loved the little "neighborhood" that felt like being home--a ritzier version of home, but close enough :) And I loved the family time I got to have, including some cuddle time with their new baby! We went shopping at a really neat charity thrift store called Roundabout. Always great to see places like this, especially in China.
- I unpacked the last two boxes that have been sitting in my room since I moved. I printed out pictures. I put them in frames. I hung them on my walls. 15 months late, but I finally settled.
- Despite the busyness of life, I've been able to spend some quality time with my close friends here--families, accountability partners, dear sweet friends. Had a date night with one of my favorite 4 year olds. Got invited to a family dinner/movie night with another one of my favorite families. Went on walks, enjoyed delicious homemade meals and cafe drinks, and had some great talks and prayer times. I get to share life with some really incredible people. Wish y'all could be here to know them, too.
- Started reading Erasing Hell by Francis Chan and Preston Sprinkle. I haven't picked it up in awhile, but what I've read so far is interesting. Anyone else read that book? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Maybe someday I'll go to Momo's with you! <3
ReplyDeletei'd *love* that :)
Delete